FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
10th October, 2011
Modavia Fashion Marketing is pleased to announce the Fall 2011 Casting to add new male and female Supermodels to the team. The Supermodels will represent Modavia not only in the Modavia Fashion Directory, but in all its productions and related projects.
The casting consists of four stages:
1) The first step to apply involves preparing two photographs following the theme and the instructions given below;
2) For the second stage, 50 models will be chosen from all the applicants. They will be divided into two groups and sent a personal invitation with all the details for a runway audition, which will be held on Sunday, November the 13th at 12 PM and 1 PM SLT
3) For the finals, 20 models will be invited to participate in a live casting on Sunday, November the 20th at 12 PM SLT.
4) Selected models will be invited to an interview. Times and days for this stage are flexible and will be decided together with the models.
After this, selected models will be invited to join the Modavia Supermodels group.
NOTE: we will not reschedule the dates of the live auditions shown above to suit individual models. No exceptions. Therefore, if you are interested in joining this casting, please mark down those dates in your calendar and be sure of your availability to attend.
Moreover, those who pass through the single stages of this casting will receive a personal invitation to the next step, and there will not be any public announcement in Modavia groups. So please don’t ask any Modavia Staff about casting decisions, you will get to know about it if you receive the invitation.
To apply for the casting:
1. Conditions to join:
- You must be at least 6 months old in SL
- Minimum level of English is necessary
- You must be active in the fashion field. That means being active as model and as stylist.
2. Join the Modavia Prospective Models group (unless already a member of a Modavia group – specifically the Modavia Models or Modavia Productions groups). You are required to wear a Modavia tag during your live auditions.
3. Insert ONE headshot and ONE full body shot into a note card. Please place YOUR NAME on each texture before inserting into the note card and make sure that they are FULL PERM. Please note that applications with more than TWO photographs will be automatically disqualified.
Don’t over-edit your pic with too much Photoshop. Its use is allowed, but if it will mask or hide your natural face, skin or SL hair, your application will be disqualified as well. That means no photoshop hand-drawn skin or body parts.
4. The theme for this casting is “Inspired by…”- You are asked to browse among the latest Fall collections of real life couture designers and get inspired by one to create a unique look. Be sure the look is autumn themed, and be sure NOT to copy the exact rl designer outfit you like. We do not want to see your ability in copying or emulating – this casting is about getting inspired by the best in the world and creating unique looks, with a realistic and stylish flavour.
You will be judged on how you interpret this theme and how you style your look accordingly. We are looking for unique male and female models with knowledge of the rl fashion world and a flair for fabulous personal styling.
1. HEAD SHOT:
2. FULL BODY SHOT:
3. Answer the following questions in FIFTY (50) words or less:
- Which rl designer most inspires you? Which collection and why?
Please attach a PICTURE of your inspiration outfit/or part of the collection or a LINK to any website showing it.
4. YOUR FULL NAME:
5. YEARS IN SL:
6. YOUR TIMEZONE:
7. Please tell us about your modelling experience (print and/or runway) in FIFTY (50) words or less.
4. Send the notecard (full perm) to DAHLIA JOUBERT titled “Modavia Supermodels Fall 2011 Casting – <Your Name>” by Saturday, November the 5th, 2011.
Thank you for your interest in Modavia.